Saturday 21 July 2012

Japanese Washi

I always find Japanese Washi fascinating. I love their elegant patterns and delicate texture which go well with either vibrant or pastel colours.

The lighting fixtures really lit my eyes up when I went to this restaurant for the first time. Diamond shaped lanterns are suspended from a two-storey ceiling at the forum. It looks as if they are formed by two ancient Japanese umbrellas with their canopies sticking out. The wall is decorated with mirrors with various Japanese washi pattern, such as sakura, tsuru and fan, etched on them. This washi decoration extends all the way to the ceiling that covers the whole foyer area. Though red is the dominant colour, the interior is not overwhelmed by it.

Beautiful oriental design!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm not trying to say that it's a Japanese style interior design. It uses washi patterns on walls and lighting and hence one can conclude that it is a fusion style.

      Delete